Opportunity Statuses are used to describe each stage a pending deal can go through.
Opportunities can move through Statuses independent of the Lead Status, but should align with your overall sales process.
The default Opportunity Statuses in Close illustrate common deal stages:
- Active: Indicates that a deal is still active, and in a user's pipeline to close.
- Won: Indicates that the Opportunity has been closed. Marking Opportunities with a 'Won' status will add the value as revenue in Reporting. This Status cannot be removed.
- Lost: Indicates that the Opportunity has been lost. Marking Opportunities with a * 'Lost' status removes the value from any expected revenue. This Status cannot be removed.
Common examples of Opportunity Statuses that identify a stage of the sales process:
- Demo: Indicating that a product/service demo has been conducted for the Lead.
- Proposal: Indicating that a proposal has been sent to the prospect.
- Contract: Indicating that a contract is pending, or awaiting signature
- Negotiation: Indicating that the deal is process of being negotiated.
- Closed/Won: Indicating that the revenue is booked, but your sales process may not consider it 'Won.'
You can customize Opportunity Statuses to fit your Opportunity pipeline. Each new Status is required to have a unique name and Opportunity Status Type (Active, Won, or Lost).
Opportunity Status Types are required because Close uses them to calculate how much revenue is part of an active pipeline ("Active"), was won ("Won"), or was lost ("Lost").
Add a new Opportunity Status or edit an existing Status the same way you did with your Lead Statuses. Drag and drop the Statuses to reorder them.
Creating Opportunity Statuses
To delete an Opportunity Status, click the trash can icon next to the Status name. If there are Opportunities attached to the Status, you will be prompted to select a new Status to assign to them.
Deleting Opportunity Statuses