In Close, Opportunities add value to a lead and help your team identify and keep track of what deals are on the verge of closing. Any Opportunity that is added to a Lead becomes visible on the "Opportunities" screen to give your team a high-level view at the total pipeline.
Close Customers Say It Best: Opportunities
"Opportunities are quick & easy to create."
-Billy McKay, Account Manager, Voxburner
You can create a new Opportunity directly from the Lead page. Click on the + button next to Opportunities section on the left.
Opportunities add value to a lead and can be assigned to specific contacts on your leads.
Add a New Opportunity
- Status: Defaults are 'Active', 'Won', 'Lost' and 'On Hold'. You can add custom opportunity statuses in your Organization Settings.
- Confidence: The confidence level of which the user expects the deal to happen. The confidence level is a variable that calculates "Expected Value" revenue on the Opportunities screen. Expected Value is calculated by multiplying Value X Confidence (ex: $1,000 value X 75% confidence = $750 value).
- Value: Choose from one-time or a monthly value for recurring revenue.
- Estimated Close: Estimated close date, the chosen date will be displayed/compiled into a weekly view in the Opportunities screen.
- Contact: The contact on your lead associated with this opportunity.
- User: The user who is creating the opportunity, and/or is responsible for it.
- Comments: Any additional context about the opportunity, comments will be displayed on the Opportunities screen.
Close Pro Tip: Use Unique Comments to Track Opportunity Types
You can standardize your Opportunity comments to track unique opportunity types and sort by those via a Smart View. For example, track products by using a unique comment like “Product A’ and creating a Smart View using the search syntax: opportunity_comment:"Product A."
This will allow you to filter the Opportunity Report by Smart View.
Create an Opportunity with products listed in the description.
Opportunity with Description
Sort your Opportunities Report by products using a Smart View.
Setting up Smart View for Products and Filtering Opportunity Report
You can edit an Opportunity by clicking the pencil icon next to the Opportunity. Update the information and click ‘save,’ or delete the Opportunity by clicking the trash can icon.
Edit or Delete an Opportunity