The beauty of Close.io's two-way email sync is that if your help desk software simply sends/receives from your support@ or help@ (or whatever) email account, those emails can automatically show up in Close.io
The trick in Close.io is to simply set up a virtual Close.io user (called "CompanyName Support" or similar) with that support email address and then set up their IMAP/SMTP credentials in Close.io.
Here's what it looks like for our own internal email@example.com emails (customer info redacted):
This "email-based integration" should always work for incoming emails to your support email address.
For outgoing emails to appear in Close.io, your help desk software needs to do one of the following:
- Allow you to enter a custom SMTP server/account information to send mail from, and you're using Google Apps / Gmail (or another email system that copies mail sent via your SMTP account into your IMAP Sent folder), OR
- Automatically copies the message into your support email account's IMAP Sent folder.
- Allow you to "auto-BCC" a special email address, so you can use our secret BCC address.
- Groove: supports sending through your Custom SMTP
- Help Scout: allows sending through your Custom SMTP. We also have a powerful great integration with Help Scout!
- Zendesk: does not allow Custom SMTP, but does allow Auto BCC of outgoing messages in their Enterprise version.
With Integration Links, you can search your help desk for support emails to/from your lead contacts. For example, here's an Integration Link that searches Desk.com support emails: