Right now you cannot find the average sales cycle for your team within the app. However, you can find this data using Zap that pushes data on creation and close dates from Close into a Google Sheets workbook.
- A Close account and your API key
- A Zapier account that allows multi-step zaps
- A Google Sheets account and spreadsheet where you want the data to go
- Dates of the lead (or opportunity) creation and status change from Close are pushed into a Google Sheet
- The amount of days between statuses is automatically calculated
- You can average the days to see what the average sales cycle time is for your leads
This Zap can be setup for both lead and opportunity status changes.
Log into your Zapier account and click the orange “Make A Zap!” button.
Choose Close as the application.
For the trigger step, choose New Lead Status Change.
If you haven’t already, connect your Close account by entering your Close API key as requested.
If you want the Zap to trigger on every Status Change, make sure to leave the Old Status ID and New Status ID fields blank.
Only interested in tracking certain statuses?
Make the Zap only trigger on specific status changes using the filters in the trigger step.
Choose Google Sheets as the application.
For the action step, choose Create Spreadsheet Row.
Under Edit Template, select the name of your Google Sheet and Worksheet where you will be storing the data.
Once selected, the columns from your Google Sheet will appear. Map the fields from Close to your columns in Google Sheets.
Click Continue, then Send Test to Google Sheets.
You will see a row of test data populate in your Google Sheet document.
Look good? Click Finish and turn it on! You're all set.
Now that you know how long your average sales cycle is, you can take steps to shorten it.