At the moment, you can't calculate the average sales cycle of your team within the app. However, you can automate report creation for this by using a Zap that pushes data on the creation and close dates of opportunities and/or lead statuses into a Google Sheets workbook.
Here is a Zapier template to get you started --
- A Close account and your API key
- A Zapier account that allows multi-step zaps
- A Google Sheets account and spreadsheet where you want the data to go
- Dates of the lead (or opportunity) creation and status change from Close are pushed into a Google Sheet
- The amount of days between statuses is automatically calculated
- You can average the days to see what the average sales cycle time is for your leads
This Zap can be setup for both lead and opportunity status changes.
- Create a new Google Sheet. If you aren’t familiar with Google Sheets, check out this guide.
- Add the following column headers to your sheet (or use our template):
New status name
Old status name
Date of status change
Days since creation
Days since last status change
Log into your Zapier account and click the orange “Make A Zap!” button.
Choose Close as the application and for the trigger step, choose New Lead in Status.
If you haven’t already, connect your Close account by entering your Close API key as requested.
If you want the Zap to trigger on every Status Change, make sure to leave the Old Status ID and New Status ID fields blank.
Only interested in tracking certain statuses?
Make the Zap only trigger on specific status changes by filling both the new and old statuses above.
Choose Google Sheets as the application and Create Spreadsheet Row for the action.
Under Set up Action, select the name of your Google Sheet and Worksheet where you will be storing the data.
Once selected, the columns from your Google Sheet will appear. Map the fields from Close to your columns in Google Sheets.
Click Continue, then Send Test to Google Sheets.
You will see a row of test data populate in your Google Sheet document.
Look good? Click Finish and turn it on! You're all set.
Now that you know how long your average sales cycle is, you can take steps to shorten it.
Updated 6 months ago